Responsive websites – A better way to engage audience
It is not a secret that more and more people now access the internet using their mobile phones or tablets in addition to other wireless gadgets. According to Internet Retailer, 261 million consumers own mobile phones and 66 million of these mobile phone owners are shopping via it. The research also showed that mobile internet usage has grown enormously within the last few years from 26% in 2010 to 45% in 2014.
The rapid growth in the number of mobile users and continuous expansion of various gadgets is making Responsive Web Design (RWD) as the best choice for business houses. Just starting an eCommerce website is not a certification of business achievement; an exceedingly performing responsive site is equally responsible for the success.
The way individuals are devouring things online, starting from news or information or even shopping implies that the need of the hour is to consider how we engage with them to offer the best online experience for the brands and services that a business house is ready to offer. Hence, a responsive website can help them to engage the clients through various digital points.
The web scenario has changed radically contrasted to that was present a few years back. This is because of the increase in mobile internet usage. It has changed the way web design needs to be carried out. In the past browsing on mobiles was typically taken care by the utilization of a portability site.
Yet the task of maintaining two sites rather than one can be cumbersome one for the business houses. In order to offer the visitors a splendid experience by engaging them, the need for responsive web design comes.
What is responsive web design?
Responsive Web Design (RWD) is a strategy for building websites that will work on mobile phones, tablets, and desktop screens. Previously websites were composed specifically for desktop screen. This worked fine until the launch of smart phones and tablets.
It is the future for business websites and the sooner one adapts to it, the better will be for the online vicinity. A responsive web design reacts to the different gadgets having different screen sizes and resolutions. As per an assessment there are more than 232 sizes of screens accessible and a responsive web design can help a website for its design, features and content to be presented user friendly.
Advantages of Having a Responsive Web Design
- Responsive websites functions well over huge number of existing gadgets available.
- Upgrading your website regardless of what device client decides to view it on makes the viewing experience more engaging. As it will help to deal with high bounce rates on websites.
- To have SEO for separate sites, i.e., for desktop and mobile is a hard thing and does not deliver incredible results. Google prescribes a responsive methodology to battle these issues and a merged perspective of your results implies more centering.
- An optimized website, regardless of what platform it is seen on, can give a great experience for the client.
- It takes lesser time to upgrade a responsive website. UI developers need to invest lesser time as they need to overhaul only one platform.
Everyone wants to have everything to be friendly and the way he wants. So let your website be responsive so that it can better fit to user’s device to give a better quality user experience.
So, responsive websites can be a great way to engage the audience or visitors as the technical term go.